Earlier this week, we dove into the awesomeness of honey (which you can read in our WTF is… Honey?! post), and talked a little about why gluconic acid is fantastic (in this post HERE). But just in case we need to prove how awesome the softening and moisturizing properties of honey are, we decided that you all could join us for a little test!
This super simple face mask is by far Mack’s favorite, especially in the cold weather, when dry skin can get a little Return-of-the-Mummy. You can use this mask as often as you would like, once a month, once a week, every day… as long as you have honey on hand! 🙂
All you need for this:
2 Tbs. honey (preferably raw, but use what ever you have)
To apply mask:
1. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser, especially if you are wearing make up, and pat your face dry with a towel.
2. Using a paint brush or your fingers, apply and even coat of honey to your face. You can gently massage with your finger tips if you really want to.
3. Relax for 15 minutes, preferably laying down. Depending on the honey, it may get super runny as it warms up to you body temperature. So if you are laying on a pillow, or on the sofa, you may want to put a towel under your head.
4. After 15 minutes, tap across your face as if you were playing the piano, or a trumpet. you will feel a sort of fun suction as you do this. Continue to tap all over your face for at least 5 minutes. We know – it feels weird!
5. Rinse your face with warm water, to remove the honey, and then splash with cool water to tighten up the pores. You can follow this mask with your favorite moisturizer, or just call it a day.
But first, feel your skin! Super soft, right?
It’s like a magic trick 😉